2022 Pakistan National Final
Founded in 2003, Microsoft’s Imagine Cup is the company’s premier student technology and innovation competition. This year, Imagine Cup is live again in Pakistan in partnership with Higher Education Commission. It provides an opportunity for student technologists, developers and aspiring entrepreneurs from all academic backgrounds to collaborate, develop a technology application, and bring their passion to life while gaining a perspective of what is needed to bring a concept to market. In Imagine Cup, the brightest young minds join together to exemplify the power of student innovation. The winning team will take home the Imagine Cup trophy along with USD100,000 and a mentoring session with our CEO, Satya Nadella. Complete prizing information can be found below.
How Does Imagine Cup Work in Pakistan?
Students compete in teams of up to four people to develop an original technology project from start to finish—create an idea, make a plan, build the solution, and compete.
Students advance through various rounds of competition through in-person National Final events organized by Higher Education Commission & Microsoft in Pakistan. Thousands of entries are judged, and the top teams in each region (North, Center, South and Baluchistan) are selected to advance to the Pakistan Regional Finals held online via Teams & HEC’s Video Conference platforms. The top teams from each Regional Final will be invited to the Imagine Cup National Competition, where they compete for the title of National Champion, and the selected team/s advance to the latter stages of the competition. The national winners from Pakistan will advance directly to the world finals, competing against top teams from across the world!
What do you need to know?
- Global competition, all students 16 or older are encouraged to register for the competition.
- Students first compete in National Finals
- The top team from National Finals will move on to the World Finals and receive Azure credits.
- Students are free to imagine any solutions they are passionate about, in the four categories listed in the Imagine Cup rules below. The projects must include a Microsoft Azure component and take into consideration diversity, inclusion, and accessibility (see official rules)
World Championship Prizing
- The 2022 competition is designed to inspire students to use their imaginations and passion to create innovative technology solutions.
- The following prizes will be given to the 2022 Imagine Cup World Champion:
- USD100,000, Azure grant, and a mentoring session with Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella
You’re encouraged to register and submit your application/solution that you and your team of up to four (4) students have built (on your own time, through your coursework, as a participant in a student hackathon, your FYP etc.).
To compete in this year’s competition, your entry should fall in one of the following four categories:
- Solutions for climate change, agriculture and in green tech
- Projects that shape how we game, play and live
- Innovate to change the way students across the globe earn
- Tackle issues in treatment, diagnosis, accessibility, and more
The deadline is to submit your entry before 23:59:59 GMT+5 on Saturday, 15 January 2022 for your chance to participate in the worldwide finals
For more details, see the Contest Rules.
Please take note of the important dates for 2022 Imagine Cup Pakistan:
- Registrations are open till 15 January 2022
- World Championship: (Date: To be announced)