- Department of Civil Engineering and Technology was established in 2012 along with the initiation of the University by the provincial government of the Punjab, Pakistan.
To impart high quality civil engineering and technology education through modern teaching and research for the national and international socio-economic development.
Program Educational Objectives
PEO-1 : Graduates will demonstrate their proficiency of applying the technical knowledge and skills to solve Civil Engineering Technology related problems by using their expertise for the benefit of society keeping in view the sustainable development.
PEO-2 :Graduates will be able to communicate well and contribute in the project teams of their organizations and self-initiated business activities.
PEO-3 : The graduates will be effective technologists with continual professional development, managerial skills, intellectual curiosity and high professional ethics throughout the career.
Program Learning Outcomes
The list of PLOs for B.Sc. Civil Engineering Technology Program at MNS-UET is;
- Engineering Technology Knowledge: An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, natural science, Engineering Technology fundamentals and Engineering Technology specialization to defined and applied Engineering Technology procedures, processes, systems or methodologies.
- Problem Analysis: An ability to Identify, formulate, research literature and analyze broadly-defined Engineering Technology problems reaching substantiated conclusions using analytical tools appropriate to the discipline or area of specialization.
- Design/Development of Solutions: An ability to design solutions for broadly- defined Engineering Technology problems and contribute to the design of systems, components or processes to meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Investigation: An ability to conduct investigations of broadly-defined problems; locate, search and select relevant data from codes, data bases and literature, design and conduct experiments to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern Tool Usage: An ability to Select and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern technology and IT tools, including prediction and modelling, to broadly-defined Engineering Technology problems, with an understanding of the limitations.
- The Engineering Technologist and Society: An ability to demonstrate understanding of
the societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to Engineering Technology practice and solutions to broadly defined Engineering Technology problems.
- Environment and Sustainability: An ability to understand and evaluate the sustainability and impact of Engineering Technology work in the solution of broadly defined Engineering Technology problems in societal and environmental contexts.
- Ethics: Understand and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of Engineering Technology practice.
- Individual and Team Work: An ability to Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams.
- Communication: An ability to communicate effectively on broadly defined Engineering Technology activities with the Engineering Technologist community and with society at large, by being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project Management: An ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of
Engineering Technology management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member or leader in a team and to manage projects in multidisciplinary environments.
- Lifelong Learning: An ability to recognize the need for, and have the ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in specialist Engineering Technologies.
Degree Programs Offered
- B.Sc. Civil Engineering Technology (Morning)
|Engr. Fatima Mehwish||Incharge||[email protected]|
|Engr. Zaheer Abbas||Lecturer||[email protected]|
|Engr. Umar Farooq||Lecturer||[email protected]|
|Engr. Tariq Mahmood||Lecturer||[email protected]|
|Engr. Hafiz Asad Ali||Lecturer||On study leave abroad|
|Engr. Hafza Khursheed||Lecturer||On study leave abroad|
|Engr. Muhammad Usman Azeem||Lab Engineer||[email protected]|
|Engr. Kashif Zahoor||Lab Engineer||[email protected]|