Honourable Vice Chancellor of MNS-UET Multan
Prof. Dr. Muhammad Kamran
Vice Chancellor, Muhammad Nawaz Sharif University of Engineering & Technology, Multan, (September 10, 2022 to date)
Professional Profile :
- Served as DEAN of faculty of Electrical Engineering, UET, Lahore w.e.f April 2021 to September 2022
- Serving as CHAIRMAN, Board of Publication, IEEEP Journal for tenure 2021-2023
- Governing Body member, Pakistan Engineering Council for the tenure 2021-2024
- Served as Campus coordinator and Chairman, Electrical Engineering Department, UET, KSK Campus from May 2019 to May 2021
- Served as Campus coordinator of UET, NAROWAL from July 20, 2016 to May 2, 2018.
- Worked with Project director office for the eligibility of Consultant and contractor appointment for the execution of projects
- Have experience to look after construction work with PD office and NESPAK consultant at Narowal Campus as per Government rules.
- Procured lab equipment in Electrical and Biomedical engineering Department of UET, new campus ensuring the full utilization in labs
- HEC (Higher Education Commission) Approved Professor for Masters and PhD students
- Conducting active research in hot areas related to computer architecture and engineering: published fifty four national and international research paper
- Convener HEC NCRC, 2017 for Electrical, Mechanical Civil and Electronics Engineering Technology
- PEC (Pakistan Engineering Council) Accreditation Team Expert to evaluate Universities in Pakistan. Moreover, active member of Preparing SAR (OBE) in the Department of Electrical Engineering.
- Consulting in field to develop and implement standards and procedures for research work
- Designing and teaching courses for undergraduate and graduate level students
- Consulting with industry to plan, organize and control scientific research and operation
- Designing and managing several research labs in academia and industrial environment
- On board of various institutes and involved in research strategy
Area of Expertise
- PhD in Digital Circuit Design using Algorithmic Approach
- Electronics, Data and Computer communication, Computer Networks
- Digital Logic Design and Analysis, Computer Architecture
- Masters and Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering specialization in power.
- Conducting Research in data compression, hardware design, system synthesis
- Moreover, research on Power Quality issues, harmonics, non linear industrial and domestic loads, Power system analysis and trouble shooting and EHV Engineering